A strong security system combined with theft deterrent strategies delivers optimal protection.
One of the best ways to discourage burglars is to install a state-of-the-art security system, like those offered by Envision. However, there are other precautions you can take to secure your home even further.
- According to the FBI, a burglary is the most common threat to your home
- There are 5,400 burglaries every day
- 66% of burglaries happen in the home
- Homes without alarm systems are 300% more likely to be broken into
- 2,000,000 home burglaries are reported each year
- 90% of burglars enter homes through doors
Securing Your Home While on Vacation
Enjoy your time away knowing your home is as safe as possible.
The last thing you want to do while “taking a break from it all” is to spend time worrying about a home invasion. Whether you have a security alarm or not, the following tips will reduce the chance of your property becoming the target of a burglary:
- Have the postal service hold your mail and temporarily stop newspaper delivery.
- Put outdoor lights on timer, so your home is well lit at night.
- If possible, keep a car in the driveway to make the home seem occupied.
- Don’t mention on your voicemail or social media accounts that you’ll be out of town.
- Keep your yard well kempt, so the house doesn’t look unattended.
- Don’t hide keys in obvious places, like under a mat or in a ‘hide-a-key’ by the door.
Get the Most Out of Your Alarm System
It’s not enough to just have an alarm. Use it the right way to get results.
If you do own an alarm, it’s important to use it properly to ensure it’s ready and working in times of emergency. Follow the strategies below to guarantee you get the most out of your security investment and lower your chances of becoming a burglary victim:
- Place a sign in your yard or window that advertises your security system.
- Learn the difference between “stay” and “away” modes and apply them appropriately.
- Familiarize everyone in the house with the system.
- Regularly update and maintain your system (replace batteries, etc.)
- Keep instructions nearby.
- Test alarms regularly.
- Remember to set your alarm when away!
Are you prepared?
- Is your home vulnerable for a break-in?
- Has your home ever been assessed by a security professional?
- Do you have a home alarm system?
- If so: Does it detect motion?
- Does it detect breaking glass?
- Can you arm and disarm it remotely?
- Does it allow you to record and watch real-time surveillance video of what happens inside your home?
- Does it come with 24/7 professional monitoring?
- Does it notify you anytime a door or window opens, when it’s armed or not?
- Is it connected through your phone line?
- Do you have a false alarm guarantee?
Peace of mind is priceless
Having a security system is like having insurance on your car. You probably will never use it, but the one time you do it’s priceless. Insurance will cover most things in your home, but it does not cover things that can’t be replaced. For example your pets, grandma’s wedding ring, grandpa’s old gun, personal heirlooms, your peace of mind, and more.
Often we install systems after a home has been burglarized. It’s a tense situation, because most of the time the homeowners are stuck with a fear knowing a stranger was in their home. Don’t be a victim! With a system from Envision, you limit or eliminate the time a burglar has to access your home or business and get the peace of mind knowing your family and the things you work the hardest for are safe.
Get Your Free Quote
Call (866) 656-0333 or fill out the form below